As the impacts of this crisis are felt throughout the world, we're aware our community is dealing with very real pressures that did not exist before the start of 2020. In particular, members of our community may be impacted not only by COVID-19 but the ramifications of being on lockdown, and caring for relatives: ill, elderly, and children home from school. We want to support you as best we can!
A few things you should know:
- We understand that unforeseen circumstances may arise in the coming weeks. If you find yourself unable to mentor for any reason, please let us know.
- We’re providing support for UX Academy students impacted by COVID-19 by implementing the following:
- Flexible course timing requirements
- An optional, one-time pause for up to 4 weeks
- Additional requests for extra time
- As of now, all of our upcoming courses will continue to launch as scheduled.
If any of your students need to make such a request, they can do so via the Pause Request form found on their student dashboard within the Designlab platform.
Please note that due to the sudden flood of virtual communication, Zoom and other platforms may experience streaming issues. Please let us know if you’re experiencing any problems with Zoom and we’ll work with you on a solution.
Additionally, for students in Career Services requirements for in-person networking events in March and April are suspended. We’re determining the best next steps for students in the midst of their job search and will be sending out an additional update about Career Services and policies later this week, so please advise your students to stay tuned for this.
We’re monitoring the situation closely and will provide regular announcements on the topic.
Our thoughts are with our community at this time, and we’ll help support you in any way we can.
Stay well and healthy!