There are times when a student may be having trouble communicating their design decisions or expressing themselves. The following resources and tools will help broaden their overall approach in articulation as a designer and instill confidence in communications within the industry.
Here are some online resources:
- The Futur: a great place to learn tips of becoming a successful designer and presenting design.
- It’s Nice That: a blog with endless resources for design and creative inspiration.
- Principles of Product Design: an article highlighting the importance of storytelling.
- Writing for Designers: a great book for both new and seasoned designers.
- 12 Writing Tips for Designers: a fantastic list written by our content lead.
For designers who want to improve their sentence structures, vocabulary, and grammar:
- LanguageTool: a free proofreading software.
- Duolingo: learn languages for free online or on your phone by playing a game with nice UI.
- Grammarly: an online grammar checking and spell checking platform.