Other terms: recommended schedule, staying on track, organization, effective planning, time control.
Learning how to best manage your time will help you stay on track with your course and produce your best work. We've listed some tips, tools, and techniques to help you find your unique productivity flow.
- Review the week's material at the beginning of each week to budget time accordingly
- Keep an up-to-date calendar to help you visualize your time and keep track of mentor sessions and Group Crits
- Allocate time appropriately for work (like user interviews and usability testing) that can't be done alone at home
Find your flow
- Pay attention to when you work best: if you find you feel most creative at night, plan on doing most of your visual design work then.
- Get to know your learning style, and experiment to see what works best for you.
- Speed up videos when you are comfortable with what you are viewing. This chrome browser extension lets you speed up HTML5 videos, even if the video player doesn't have the option.
- Learn shortcuts in Figma, Sketch, and all other programs will make you much quicker inside of these applications due to having everything at your fingertips!
- Stay focused on similar tasks and minimize interruptions while you work. Studies have shown that it takes 25 minutes to refocus on a task after a distraction, so snooze notifications and block out time for your work.
Recommended tools and techniques
By deliberately scheduling and constraining tasks to a determined time frame, you can reduce procrastination and feel better about the time you spend working. Check out the following methods to help boost your productivity.