UI Design builds on the basic knowledge of design principles covered in Design 101. This course deepens that foundational understanding by covering how those principles apply to the planning and design of user interfaces.
In this course, you will:
- Develop a more detailed eye for visual design
- Make better decisions about typefaces based on usability principles
- Create color palettes optimized for user interfaces
- Learn best practices around UI patterns and reusable design components
- Cover how how to create retina-ready designs that scale across different devices
Here's an example of past student work from this course.
To learn more about the difference between Design 101 and UI Design, click here.