We accept a limited number of students per cohort of UX Academy, and evaluate applicants based on the following prerequisites:
- A foundational level of visual design experience, demonstrated through samples of your work
- Strong English language skills
- A minimum weekly time commitment, depending on your track
Foundational Design Experience
Typically, applicants meet this requirement by taking our Design 101 course, and therefore demonstrate expertise in their final project within the course.
You may skip Design 101 if you have both of the following:
- An online portfolio containing wireframes and hi-res images of landing pages or digital applications
- Previous experience in Web Design, Graphic Design, UX Design, UI Design or Product Design
Print, illustration, and architecture portfolios will not be considered.
Evaluation of Design Work
All design work submissions will be evaluated and scored on the principles below:
The concept is original and thoughtful, almost on par with a solid design intern's work.
The UI design is on trend, beautiful and original. The visual layout adapts balanced spacing and placement of elements.
UX Design Pattern
The final design is crafted with up-to-date design patterns with correct navigation, form fields, and button usage. The student work is almost on par with a solid design intern's work.
The color choice, contrast, or hierarchy are not only on trend but appropriate for the subject matter.
The type choices, hierarchy, spacing are implemented beautifully with optimal readability.
All graphics, icons, illustrations are expertly chosen, crafted and implemented.
The branding is on point and appropriate for the subject matter. It not only grounds, but also adds more depth to the project.
English Language Proficiency
Clear and effortless communication between students and mentors is a vital part of the UX Academy experience. We require all students to have a minimum CEFR level of C1 or greater.
If you are not sure of your fluency level, please take the free assessment test here.
Still have questions? Here are some next steps!
- Read more about UX Academy and confirm the program fits your goals.
- Book an admissions call
- Attend our next webinar