We accept a limited number of students per cohort. We evaluate applicants to UX Academy based on the following prerequisites:
- Our Design 101 course or previous design experience
- Commitment to the program
- Strong English language skills: interacting with students, mentors and Designlab staff is a huge part of our program, so all applicants should be able to communicate effectively with others.
Since the program is very rigorous, we've found that these background requirements help us admit students with the greatest chance of success. In addition, we want to ensure that students are committed to the program and are prepared to budget 20 or 40 hours per week on coursework. Being selective with admissions helps us build a thriving community of enthusiastic students and mentors.
Strongly Recommended: Introduction Video
If English is not your first language, you are required to submit an application video.
Since so much of the course revolves around interacting with your mentors and peers through online video sessions, we’d like to get a feel for your communication skills, and your background and goals. Submit a short video introducing yourself, why you want to be a part of UX Academy, and what you hope to do after completing the course. :)
How to Record your Introduction Video
Try to keep your video under 3 minutes. Upload the final video to YouTube and submit a link to the video in your application. If you don’t want other people to find your video, you can mark it as unlisted, however it’s important that you do not mark the video ‘private’ or disallow embedding or we won't be able to see it!
When recording, try to speak just as you would in a normal conversation, you don’t need to worry about a script. Please leave out fancy editing, music and screenshots. We don't want to focus on your editing skills - we are interested in you! Before you submit the video, playback your recording to make sure the sound is clear - we want to be able to hear what you are saying!
Before You Apply
- Check out http://trydesignlab.com/ux-academy/ and confirm that the program fits your goals.
- Make sure you meet the stated course prerequisites.
- Strongly Recommended: Prep a short 3-minute video introducing yourself, and upload it to Youtube. Have the link handy when you get to our application form.
Ready to apply? Visit our application link here: https://trydesignlab.typeform.com/to/IfT4L1